During the 2003 Annual Conference, NAVUB's membership voted to fund five academic scholarships. These scholarships were awarded to deserving Veterans Upward Bound students who were enrolled in an undergraduate postsecondary program in the following fall academic l semester/quarter.
It is with great pleasure that the National Association of Veterans Upward Bound announces its National Scholarship Competition. Veterans Upward Bound participants are invited to compete for a scholarship award for the 2016-17 academic year.
Nominating packets are available online. Deadline for submission is Sunday, July 17, 2016.
- Nominations may be made only by the staff of current NAVUB member programs. Nominee must be a current or former VUB student from the nominating project, who will be enrolled in post-secondary education for the following fall academic semester/quarter.
- Proof of required post-secondary attendance must be furnished by the Nominating project prior to payment of award.
- Payment of award will be made directly to the student.
- Nominator must write a Letter of Recommendation indicating familiarity with the applicant’s financial need; involvement with VUB activities; academic background; civic, community and/or educational contributions; honors or awards; and other relevant information.
- Nominee will complete the application, provide a Letter of Recommendation from someone other than the Nominator and write an essay about How Veterans Upward Bound Has Made It Possible For Me To Pursue A College (or Vocational/Technical) Education.
Payment can be completed after Proof of Attendance/Enrollment is received.